Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wedding Countdown

The wedding countdown seems to have began, kickstarted in the last month or so. I should really be panicking more abt the preparations, or rather the lack of it. somehow, i seem to have all these ideas and plans abt how things will be executed but are they being done or confirmed? NO.

Secretly I must be damn glad that I am organising the wedding here alone, without Andy by my side as I can imagine and I am sure all of you can too, how many squabble we will have from the deisgn of the wedding invite (which we did! cos its been done when he was last here) to the food and layout and music etc. So its a good thing that we are far apart and still very much in love with me having the final say for everything here. Clock is finally ticking towards the wedding date, 28 July 2007 when I will have MY wedding of the year... I did say I WILL, people may not share the sentiment...). today is 17 March 2007, April, May, June.. then July.

I must thank my stars for the friends who have randomly offered to help me out and ended up with a list of to-dos from me. thank you all, I know I am fussy, but I will not compromise, haha.

this wed, I am jet-setting to .... Phuket with Dan and then next fri, 31 April, I am off to a long holiday in England! I jolly-well deserve it, for all the shit at work, for being shouted at by the boss, for putting up till June with the hell-hole. Enuff said.

I wonder how will things fall into place when it comes time for me to move and hop on my one way ticket to follow the man that I love to his country, which I will also call my own (no doubt as a 2nd class citizen for a while). Most of the excitemt lies in the fact that I will be able to be jobless for a while (yay!) and potter around the new house and decorate to my heart's content, choose wall colours, hang paintings, choose tea towels.... wah! i make a good housewife. hopefully this coming trip will be fruitful in terms of househounting for a close match to what we can afford and what is nice enough.

Anyway, the holidays are keeping me alive till then.



No comments: