3 weeks from today, I'll be married and lounging in my Ritz Carlton room, enjoying the Marina Bay view if all goes as planned. One more week before Andy arrives and shares my woes of planning for the wedding. Fortunately things are almost all sorted except for the MAIN issue: my entry into U.K.
Yes, we have decided to hold off visiting the Visa office here till he arrives as it will be more convincing that way to have the couple present instead of me trying to prove that he really exists and that I am no mail-order bride.
Things are getting more numerical as the day draws closer for me to leave Singapore. Even for the wedding, its all about numbers. How many people to invite, how much food to cater, how many tables, how much wine to order, how many songs required for the night, how much to put in ang-baos, then post wedding.... what date are we leaving, how many bags are we carrying there , how much mortgage are we paying for the house.... my mind is like one big Toto machine, constantly being spun to churn out numbers. If only I could buy a winning combination from all that, it would solve quite a bit of the wedding woes.
At long last, THE DRESS is finally done. no more alterations, no more trying it on with a sweaty back, no more fittings till the wedding day. Small glitch, it is kept in a clear dress bag and Andy is superstitious abt not seeing the gown till the actual exchange of vows, so I will have to think of a way to bring it to the wedding car after tea ceremony without him seeing it. maybe super "auntie" and use like a bed sheet to drape over it?
I have also not fulfilled the English saying of the bride having: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Well, the gown is NEW, borrowed a couple of girdles but they don't suit, wearing a pair of old earrings which I have been wearing for ages, so OLD is settled. Just need something blue and borrowed...
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment