Monday, October 29, 2007

Things I do to "fit in" in England

I thought i shall share a bit on the things that I have been doing/done/will be doing to adapt to my new home country, ENGLAND.


first, refer to exhibit A, the pic of my husband with a tea cosy on his head. A tea cosy of something like a beanie- for your teapot, to keep it warm after being brewed. you fill the teapot and then "lup" the cover (like a condom) over the whole pot. Quite cool right? I find it so quaint to use a tea cosy - so ...English. As a joke, I placed it on Andy's big head and think he rather looks like the Pope.



Second thing I did to fit in? I carved my first pumpkin today, just an hour ago. Only a little one, but hey, still in the spirit of Halloween right? It actually smells quite nice with the tealight roasting it from the inside. I think I did quite a good job for a first-timer.


Just last week, I also baked wholemeal banana muffins. Yes, I baked. Me, baked. Got the receipe off a blogger's website, the blogger who lives the perfect life in Australia with her nice-looking family (Dan, you know who...). So i followed the receipe and improvised a little cos i did not sieve the flour as instructed cos i did not have one and also I did not have a fancy cake blender to mix the ingredients properly. But it did not turn out too bad, still edible, slightly tough cardboard texture cos I think of the wholemeal flour, not my skills!

Oh, I also sent my passport with my Singapore driving license to the DVLA dept here to exchange for a British one so that I can drive here. Thing is, to get a British one, I have to SURRENDER my S'pore one. give it up, never see it or own it again, wave goodbye to it. I mean, that's a little extreme just to be able to drive in UK i thought. But I guess since I am a here now, I just have to abide by their rules. how sad...

2 comments:

WonderWoman said...

tat is one evil looking pumpkin! so YOU!! haha!! hey did u at least scan or took a pix of your precious SG driving license??

Travelling is a journey said...

U...bake??? Want sieve or not? Ask Cyndi to bring for you. And how's the job, need to answer phone calls and take message? Anyway, the tea cosy really fits Andy's egg head.