Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn is here

Its finally autumn, leaves are quickly falling to the ground, nights are closing in and the winter coats are out...

I had my second heart ablation done on 29 Sept and this time it worked. I feel great now and I hope it does not come back. The first surgery did not fix the problem and the dosage for the medication just kept increasing with each rushed visit to the A&E. I sure do not miss those attacks. The last year has been a roller-coaster ride because of this heart issue and stressing over it does not help. A lousy job does not help too, so I have decided to jack it in. Start afresh next year....I don't care what anybody says, quality of life is more important.

All this time away from home, I have missed friend's baby being born, friend's recovering from life-threatening diesease, friend's suffering from depression, not to mention the birthdays and other special gatherings. I have missed home, more than I thought I would, maybe the heart problem made me more homesick. Although it was nice to have Cheryl here for abt 4 mths on and off, as a live-in maid/guest. She has a permanent momento to remind her of happier times at our house, etched on her body. Mom & dad's 2 weeks visit was nice too, altho they were constantly cold and jet-lagged from start to the end of the holiday. Thanks for tending to the garden.

I cannot wait to tender my resignation next week, giving more than ample time for notice. I can feel the heart pains coming back but I try to calm myself and tell myself the end is really near.

Weather is turning really cold and it is such a struggle getting up at 6.30 for 8am starts at work. Just really depressing, feels like morning session back in Primary school when i would say I had a stomache ache to get out of school. No more holidays till I finish with this job, then its Christmas!! Looking forward to the Christmas markets and hot chocolates....

No comments: