Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Still rotting at home...

My second and a half week at home and I am still struggling to be comfortable. Work wise still very iffy and things are not quite moving as quickly and as busy as I had hoped, so half the time, I am trying to be busy. Makes sense?

Last weekend was spent shopping for sinks and taps for the new flat in Holland Village. For those who need help with taps available in Singapore, I think I have seen them all. But to my sis, she still thinks there are other designs lurking out there that she might have missed. So for now, we are still short of a face basin sink tap. And we only need 2 taps for the house, one for the kitchen sink and another for the face basin!

It is a nightmare trying to find nice and affordable beds and decent sized wardrobes. I even resorted to shopping at the Brighton furniture shop near my flat now at Bukit Merah Central, it is the kind of furniture shop that will still have the very "happening" 80s designs of headboards, covered in leather and the 3 piece suite for the bedroom. However, I did spot a nice looking Queen size bed, plain but not as cheap for tt kind of housing estate, Kikilala lookalike showroom.
if all else fails, there is always Ikea....

Heard from Andy that the wedding in Byron Bay was superb, flowers everywhere, everyone looked gorgeous, view facing the sea under the marqee was fab.... sigh... i do wish i was there. If only i had made up my mind from the start that i was going to go, instead of being so wishy and washy and feeling obligated to stay becos of commitments. Do you know I actually rang to find out abt the cost and earliest departure dates for flights to Brisbane the day before the wedding at 5pm? Thinking I might be bold enuff to just pack and leave that very night or the next morning at 6.50am. I even role-played w my sister that when she wakes up the next day, I would be gone and not to panic cos I am going to the wedding. Not that i needed time to pack since i hv been living out of my suitcase since my return.

Anyway it is over and the party people are now happily sailing on a boat around the Whitsunday islands with clear blue waters and white fine sand, while I am stuck in Singapore island with murky green waters and lots of brown sand for reclaimation.....

Arghhhhh!!! I need a holiday already.

Still trying to figure out what kinda job i am looking out for.

Shall go settle lunch in a minute....

1 comment:

grump from canberra said...

hi tam!!! well... you should have gone to brisbane.. its whitsundays man! im glad you are thinking of me.. maybe thats coz you have too much free time on your hands!

keep the blog coming!

we should go diving sometime!