Monday, May 28, 2007

My Post-Op Foot, EXPOSED!


First, I do apologise for this rather in-yr-face gruesome picture of my operated left foot. Was taken when i went to change my first dressing last week at the hospital. Think Mom nearly fainted when she saw the bandage come undone. I barely remembered to breathe when i saw it too. Cannot even imagine the wound is on MY own body, almost like one of the characters in Nightmare Before Christmas...
This week, the stitches are coming off (i hope they don't hurt too much!).
Did you ever know that you cannot really bend your other 4 toes if the big toe is restricted? it's a bit hard to explain but due to the stiffness in my big toe joint, I have been trying to bend my toes and the other 4 just would not be as flexible as my other normal foot ? or maybe it is just me?
in case, anyone is wondering, the faint arrow marking was indicated pre-op, probably some hospital code to indicate the area in general. And dun the rest of the foot look like that of a wax figurine, or is it just me again?
I sure pray the foot heals quick enough for the wedding!

No comments: