Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy Niu Year!

can't remember the last time I blogged, does it matter, does any one care?

Its Feb 2009, and its freezing in UK, snow has come and landed on the ground. more bad weather ahead this week. Avg temp 1 degree celsius....

We are in depression, Woolworths has closed all its stores. Wedgewood is in adminstration, so is Whittard Tea Shop. Luckily I still have my job, altho I would not mind a 4 day week, if offered.

My Twinhead laptop has died. Gone out and replaced it with a new Advent Netbook last weekend, its small and light and rather cool, but I do miss my old laptop (and all the data stuck in the hard drive)

We just got a new boiler in the house and will soon need to replace some windows at a very high price.

Its my second Chinese New Year spent in UK, not giving any ang pows. Wonder when will be my first year.

I am still missing home. I miss ang-zao chicken and foochow fishballs......and prata and carrot cake, and char kway teow and economy beehoon...

1 comment:

shermaine said...

hello!! haha finally I can leave a comment on your blog. the last few times I couldn't leave anything here. Awww... I'm sure you'll get to come back soon and eat ang zao, prata, char kway teow and all that! AND give me ang pao hahaha. oh thanks for the birthday wishes, but I feel old already. Anyway that day I talked to aunt mabel on facebook chat. she asked if I talked to you recently and how you're doing there."