Monday, June 08, 2009

My heart

It's finally done, my heart repair was done last week, on tues, 2 June. Sadly though, the doc is not very confident that they have got it all and so I am still on medication and will have to monitor to see if the tachycardia conditions return. Before the op, my heart rate would sometimes accelerate up to 360 bpm, when a normal person's is about 90 bpm. That is when I would sometimes go light headed and lose consciousness for a bit.

Parents are also here these couple of weeks to take care of me and cook me some homecooked meals. I have 3 weeks off work but am still working from home, accessing my work emails etc.

It has been a while since I last blogged, not much else to update really. Sisters have been here for s holiday and Ju has gone back to Shanghai, Cheryl is still around, probably thinking of extending her travel plans. Good thing to be able to see the folks since I will probably not be going home this year. In a couple of weeks, I should also be taking my UK citizenship test as my spouse visa ends this year.

Its the start of summer but the weather has just gone back to being all grey and wet since the weekend, the freaky heat wave has now ended. But the longer daylight hours are still here to stay for a bit. Think the garden is going to be our project this summer, espcially with Andrew being on holiday, I can envision a garden make-over.

Still feel like a vacation though, just not the same being on sick leave and being on vacation, do miss lazing on a sandy beach, tanning in a bikini.... still awaiting the 2nd honeymoon, to make up for the awful first one..... the next one shall be a luxurious beach resort, not some chaat chaat chalet.

No comments: